Each year Legacy Christian School has a limited amount of tuition assistance to help families in need. Tuition assistance totaling approximately $60,000 has been distributed to 25-35 families at Legacy Christian School each school year.
Application for financial aid for families with children in kindergarten through 8th grade is made online through FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment. Supporting documentation such as copies of Federal tax forms and W2s will be required. Online applications
for tuition assistance for the 2017-2018 school year are available now. All applications must be submitted through FACTS by May 1, 2017 and supporting documentation must be submitted no later than May 15, 2017! If you are applying for tuition assistance through FACTS for another school, such as South Christian, or your church, you only need to apply once. Click here to access the online application
. If you have any questions, please contact us at 455-3860.
New Family Transfer Credit
Families transferring to the school may qualify for the "New Family Transfer Credit". This credit is available for all transferring students, provided there is a student in 1st-8th grade, and provided they are not coming from another neighboring South Suburban Christian School. The credit reduces tuition for all family members the first year enrolled at Legacy by 50% and 25% the second year. This is not an automatic reduction and must be applied for through the Finance Committee. Families may choose to pay the full tuition amount and are encouraged to do so if they have the financial resources.
New Family Transfer Credit FAQ's
Additional Transfer Credit Information
- This credit cannot be combined with other tuition reduction options (such as tuition assistance and the staff discount).
- This is a one-time credit. Families that receive this credit, leave the school, and then return are no longer eligible for the credit.
- The credit is good for the entire year and will be the same for all family members. If a family transfers in another family member later in the same school year, that family member's tuition will be prorated and then credited at the same percentage as the students already enrolled.
- Though the policy states that this is a benefit for grades 1-8, families transferring in a kindergartner with an older sibling are eligible to have the credit applied to kindergarten.
- Former Legacy families are not eligible for this credit unless a waiver is granted by the Finance Committee.
- Current Legacy families (those with at least one student enrolled the prior year) are not eligible for this credit for other children or dependents that want to transfer to the school unless a waiver is granted from the Finance Committee.
- Families coming from another neighboring South Suburban Christian School are not eligible for this credit.
- Families must be paid in full with their first year of tuition payments in order to receive the 25% reduction in the second year they are eligible.
- Because no policy can anticipate every possible scenario, the Finance Committee reserves the right to make modifications to the policy based on unforeseen circumstances. If the policy is modified, the Finance Committee will provide the family with specific reasons for this action and the policy will be amended immediately in order to maintain consistency among all applicants.