Legacy’s third grade provides a safe and loving learning environment for your child. Your child will be encouraged to grow in all areas while placing Christ at the center of his or her life.
3rd Grade Highlights:
- Native American Pow-Wow
- Passport to Reading
- Cursive Writing
- Biography Month
- Recycling Unit
- Folktale Fever
- Grand Rapids tour
- Study of heat and light energy
- The Israelites enter Canaan
- Study of measurement
3rd Grade Academic Highlights:
- Recycling Unit which includes a trip to the Kent County Recycling Center
- Study on Biomes of the World
- Fact families and Story Problems in Math
- Study of the Earth
- Native Americans
- Cursive Handwriting
- States of Matter
- Study of Africa
- The 10 Commandments - what do they mean for our lives today?
- Science - We are entering space to see "How the heavens declare the glory of God."
- Social Studies - studying Washington DC and learning some US History along the way.
- Biography Month - 3rd graders have to read biography books and then do an "interview" to show what they learned about a specific person.
- March is "Passport or Reading". Students read from 6 different genres and get stamps in their passport.